Thursday, March 5, 2009

November Trip
















I know it's March and we took this trip in November, but I realized I hadn't shared any of these pictures! Over Thanksgiving, Alanna, James and I traveled to Seattle and Portland to visit Alex Head and Grandma Holt. It was one of the best trips that I have ever been on. Maybe because it was a self initiated trip to visit family and family history sites. I feel much more like a dad planning vacations where we take the long way to visit grave sites and national parks. :)

Our first stop was to travel to Craters of the Moon National Park. It really is impressive to see how much area is covered by old lava flows. They have a great display that shows the landscape of Southern Idaho and see how the "hot spot" has moved from Central Idaho to the Buttes to Yellowstone. We had to carry James with us so we weren't able to go into any lava tubes (which are amazing) but we did see some great views and a great natural history visit.
After that stop, we made a visited Alanna's dad's hometown. We saw the home he grew up in but importantly, we were able to locate the graves of Alanna's grandparents! It was a little rainy, but we loved our little visit and I have posted some pictures of that visit, and if anyone would like a copy, let us know so we can email them to you.
And because James is such a bright part of our lives, I have included some pictures of him too.

No comments: