Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is This the Little Boy I Carried


Hiram and I are pretty good at sharing the chores.  He takes out the trash and helps me fold the laundry. The trash is self explanatory since I obviously don't need to be anywhere near it, however the laundry part is purely out of necessity. James and Joey make it impossible for me to fold laundry during the day because they jump all over the bed and mess it up as I am doing it. (At least that is my story).  So usually when there is laundry to be folded Hiram and I work on it together at night after the boys are in bed.  Hiram is in charge of the socks which I lovingly put in the bottom drawer of his nightstand until he is good and ready to pair them.  Its been a while since Hiram was good and ready for socks so tonight I pulled them out and went to town. (I would have done it sooner but I knew he was hiding a present for me in there... did he really think I never go in that drawer!?)  After coming across some church socks we recently got for James I compared them to the insanely small pair that Joey must have grown out of months ago.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing!  My world started spinning and all the sudden I am Golde in Fiddler on the Roof wondering when my little boy grew up.
However all these fears melted away as I went into the boys' room to put away their clothes.  It was so tender to see both of them snuggled together in Joey's bed in the exact same position (they have both slept that way since birth!) So, in retrospect, my boys are getting big, peeing in the potty, wearing massive socks, and I still see them with giant eyes looking up at me like they did the day they came.  Its all worth it and I am thankful I still have a few more years before I am singing "Sunrise Sunset" to my little guys.

1 comment:

Karen C. Holt said...

How darling to see them sleeping in the exact same position. Too precious!