Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wake Up Flowers




Monday for FHE Hiram was  in charge of the lesson and he thought all day about what he wanted to do with the boys.  He decided to do the story about the prophet brothers Nephi and Lehi bringing down the jail.  We called it a castle jail to make it more engaging.  Hiram grabbed two little Einsteins figures and told them they were Nephi and Lehi.  Then we took all the pots and pans and cooking sheets out of the kitchen and built a castle jail around them.  Then he talked about how they were prophets and God needed them to be somewhere else so he destroyed the jail.  Then he started to shake the castle and it made a lot of noise.  James freaked out and covered his ears and Joey flipped and started to scream and cry as he jumped into my lap and squeezed my neck.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I know Hiram went on with the lesson but I can't remember much after Joey scrambling to get to me. It was so sweet.  Then we sang songs.  Hiram sang the little seeds in a row song and James would turn on the lights and say wake up flowers when Hiram would jump up. We love Family Home Evening ! PLEASE look at the video at the end.  I promise you won't be able to keep a straight face!






1 comment:

Jenn said...

FUN! They will remember these forever!