Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birthday Putt Putt

 James birthday this year was the day after the Holt family reunion ended.  We didn't want to spend his whole birthday in a minivan traveling across Wyoming and Nebraska and decided to extend our stay a day later than everyone else to have fun in Rexburg.  We decided that four was old enough to start training for golf with grandpa and took him for his first game of putt putt.

Before we got started on the game we had a few chicken fingers and some cool drinks.  The boys weren't too impressed with the food and the ants toiling away in preparation for Rexburg winter were infinitely more fascinating than getting something in their bellies.

 I mostly posted this pic to show what a great job I did cutting James hair!


 We started out keeping score between Grandma, Grandpa, and me but it was much more fun to do away with the score card and help the boys with their game.  

 Most of the time the boys would hit the ball down the hole then once they were satisfied with their swings would pick up the ball and place it in the hole by hand.  Much more efficient if you ask me and not much different from what I do in a real golf game to be honest.




This was Joe on the 18th hole.  It was his favorite sand trap and stayed in there for a good while.  It was just his size and I think was starting to get a bit tired after all the running around he did that day.
   They were especially good at getting the ball out of the hole for their grandparents and me. I particularly appreciated not needing to bend my prego stomach.  The boys are very good at taking care of momma and Lindsay already.  

  We did our best to teach the boys to take turns and let everyone have a chance to hit the ball. By we I mean Hiram.  He was very patient and did great with the boys and made the game extra fun for them.  I don't think I can count how many times he fished their balls from the water hazards either.  Especially when they started to throw them in there on purpose.


After golf we went home and enjoyed orange creamsicles on the back patio of Grandma and Grandpa's house.  It was perfect weather all day and I think we all had a great time.

No comments: