Thursday, December 1, 2011

I don't wanna be a "Crappy Housewife"

Recently I have rediscovered a friends blog. Wow, she kills me she is so funny.  I loved reading it so much that I read over a years worth of posts in just a couple days.  Which brings me to the post title.  She had a post about how she went a few days (maybe weeks) where she didn't clean up or do other things you typically think of a good housewife doing.  Now, I don't pretend to be a Martha Stewart (I don't have that kind of rage anyway) or even an Amy Sadler for that matter but I am not a crappy housewife.  However, ironically I didn't do much this morning except read her blog.  Am I a crappy housewife?  I still have a half a day to make up for it so probably not.  If there was ever a motivation to not be a crappy housewife it would be this video.

Since I am stealing some really good material from a friends blog I might as well go all the way and steal her caption as well.  Here is what she wrote.

"Rewatching that spectacle of a video is actually quite inspiring. If I choose to abandon housewifery, this is my other option? A nearly abandoned discotheque at what appears to be three o'clock in the afternoon? I'm suddenly looking forward to scrubbing my toilets."

So the next time it's 1:30 in the afternoon and the most impressive thing I have done all day is get my kids dressed and fed them lunch, I am going to watch this video and take a good hard look at my to do list and start blasting through it.  Ohh no... thats right now...better get to work! 

Oh and for those readers whose sole reason to read this blog is to see two cute little boys doing cute little boy things I hope these bedtime chocolate milk pictures live up to your satisfaction.







MORE PLEEASEEE!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

please don't tell me they really think they can sing? That may be the worst thing I have ever seen/heard! Cute boys of course..

bylaw said...

That video is hilarious. Suddenly, Rebecca Black seems very talented. That video can be taken two ways - 1) she doesn't want to be a housewife (they are all crappy), or 2)(and this is how it kept coming across to me) she doesn't want to be a housewife that is crappy. Sorry sweetie...fail. Don't give up your housewife gig in pursuit of your singing career. You may make a bigger splash on YouTube (a la Rebecca Black), but you'll make a bigger impact in the home.